Location: Washington, DC
American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and helped thousands of farm families make a go of it (primarily through programs that increase farm viability and/or enhance farmland access). Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture’s most pressing needs and opportunities.
American Farmland Trust seeks a candidate to join the Development team as the Donor Relations Coordinator. This position provides support to the AFT Development team, working on projects as assigned, and specifically works to fulfill the functional responsibilities related to stewardship and donor relations (for all levels of giving). This person will assist in advancing the fundraising effort by: managing the gift and pledge acknowledgement process; coordinating with development colleagues and managing AFT’s stewardship and cultivation efforts, including Bounty of the Land, Free Range Conversations, etc.; and collaborating on other projects as assigned. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Development Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the production of gift and pledge acknowledgements.
- Lead and coordinate development team’s cultivation and stewardship efforts, including Bounty of the Land, Free Range Conversations, etc.
- Work with AFT’s gift caging vendor to ensure appropriate and timely acknowledgment of gifts.
- Coordinate premium fulfillment and bumper sticker fulfillment, and work with remote AFT staff to ensure collateral is available and on-hand.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent;
- 1-3+ years of administrative experience; development, environmental, non-profit experience a bonus;
- Strong computer skills; willing to learn specialized software (familiarity with donor database software a plus);
- Innovative self-starter, creative thinker, demonstrated initiative, able to work independently; confident decision maker with s positive attitude;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills;
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, stay organized and follow through independently;
- Excellent proof-reading skills and knowledge of grammar;
- Strong creative writing skills, familiarity with graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as technical knowledge of digital fundraising practices and techniques a plus;
- Have sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
If you are eager to join our team, please visit this page to apply.
Please submit a cover letter with resume for consideration.
American Farmland Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.