Farm Fresh Recipe
June 2011, Chef Mike Isabella opened Graffiato, an Italian-inspired
restaurant in Washington, DC. Chef Isabella interacts with guests while
he crafts comforting dishes from seasonal, farm-sourced produce and
locally cured ham, and more.
Caramelized Butternut Squash with Rosemary
1 butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out
and discard the seeds. Place flesh side up on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and season with
the salt. Where the seeds were removed add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1
rosemary sprig to each half.
4. Cover the butternut squash tightly with aluminum foil and
bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
5. Remove from the oven and uncover. Let cool until you can
handle it. Scoop out the flesh of the butternut squash.
6. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large sauté
pan over medium high heat. Once melted and bubbling, add the cooked butternut
squash. Gently tossing around until a golden brown texture begins to form.
7. Transfer to serving dish. This side dish is ready to
serve family style.